Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Week 2!

Well, this week I searched the web and found some really useful webpages for my topic, which I decided to go with National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) as my topic. Valdosta State University (VSU) does not currently have a site for its chapter. We are the Skull and Bones chapter. The main thing that I want to do with NRHH is to be able to emphasize and bring awarness to residents that live in the residence halls that community is one of the most important things to learn while in college. However, merit and experience paves the way for residents to become members, but it is the service and time that they give and skills learned that needs to be understood. I found sites that helped with community building, team building and service learning. VSU's chapter wants to put on a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society to help those that suffer from cancer. I do believe that many residents could relate to the cause. Moving on, NRHH has a system called "Of the Month's" (OTM's) that residents, resident assistants and other Housing and Residence Life staff members submit for a great program, bulletin board, door tag or an act of random kindness. Somewhere in the website, I want to put a link that takes visitors to the submission form. I also have an idea of showing steps of how to submit and maybe use it as a problem solving activity. That part of the construction is still in the works. My partner John Lesaine and I played around with the online classroom today, but we did not discuss the online activity as of yet. We plan to talk about that on Thursday. Well, that is it for week 2 and week 3 is underway.

No comments: