Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Week 4!

Well, this week has been a very busy one due to some job issues. I am not worried it will get better because it is a new residence hall, and there are a lot of issues. This week was interesting because it was more research, yeah. I have never used the Gateway to Educational Materials before (GEM) before, and it had some really interesting articles. When I want to find more programs or lesson plans, GEM is the way to go. Some things were short and sweet and some were very detailed. It had a great mixture. I enjoy GEM a lot better than ERIC because of the fact fun versus research. Now do not get me wrong because research is good but looking at the material for a while will make your head spin too much. The topics that I looked at were in community involvement, service learning and projects. There was one in GEM about collecting socks and planting them in riverbanks to help protect the watershed and absorb waste. Going green is becoming a real fad as of late, it is important but I fear that it will die out and people will lose the flame. I am optimistic and believe that we care more about it than the average person thinks. When I looked through the ERIC database, I came across some research on a correlation between academic and personal dishonesty, cheating is more like it. The chances of someone cheating on a significant other is greater if someone cheats on an exam. WOW! This week was very tiring, but I cannot wait until next week for my presentation.

No comments: