Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Week Three!

Well, this week was a lot like last week because most of the work was dealing with searching websites, but this time the searching was more about searching databases about my topic. First, I used the search directory called Librarians' Internet Index at www.lii.org and found some cool things. Under the category of college and universities, I found sites like collegenews.org, campusrelief.org and campuscompact.org. All of the sites were helpful to my topic of helping College students appreciate and recongize others for their outstanding work. Looking in the invisible web, I found a OTM database that was helpful in how to submit them and what others are submitting. The ERIC Database had a few pop ups but nothing that really stood out. There were some sites that dealt with cultural activities and residence hall community. The last search enginee that I used was Yahoo, and it gave pretty much everything that Google gave me. Mostly, the national site and conference sites along with corporate and non-profit organizations. Me and my partner still have not worked some things through on our online classroom, but later in the week we hope to have mastered it.

No comments: