Friday, October 3, 2008

Week 6!

Man, this week was not as busy in this class as it has been, but I have a feeling that will change very soon. This past week was concerned with researching two sources off my wepage. It was not difficult to get some things like the URL, publication, date, and background information. I found the authors at ease but had trouble finding blogs connected to them. It may have been because the webpages were created and not updated since the bloom of blogs. However, one of the authors is a computer technology teacher at an Orlando Middle School. Her name is Rosemary Shaw and is well respected nationally. I was surprised that I could not find a blog link to her. She did have an email posted at the end of the article, but the other author did not, which was Christy Carpenter from Bay District Schools in Florida. On the links to other webpages posted on Shaw's article, none of them worked. My guess was that the websites no longer existed or were going through repairs. This was a very fun exercise and now I can see if the person giving me information is being honest or not. The internet can and does con a lot of people. I am looking forward to starting on assignment seven.

No comments: